Dr. Madson is a board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon. He completed a BA in Chemistry at Gustavus Adolphus College and attended the University of Minnesota School Of Dentistry. Upon completion of his dental degree, Dr. Madson entered the United States Air Force through which he began a residency in advanced general dentistry. He completed his oral and maxillofacial surgery residency at San Antonio Military Medical Center.
Dr. Madson served more than ten years on active duty in the United States Air Force. His first assignment was with the Royal Air Force near Cambridge, England. He had the opportunity to work in the United Kingdom’s National Health System at the University of Cambridge Medical Center. Dr. Madson's final assignment was in Hampton, Virginia. He was appointed Associate Professor at the Uniformed Services Health Science University where he taught general dentistry residents.
While he enjoys full scope oral and maxillofacial surgery, Dr. Madson is interested in orthognathics, implant reconstruction, dentoalveolar surgery, anesthesia, and caring for patients with facial cleft deformities. He has lectured nationally and internationally on a variety of topics including tissue engineering, implant reconstruction, pathology, and cosmetic surgery. He has also published professional journal articles on research concerning wartime facial injuries, management of combat facial burns, and oral pathology.
Dr. Madson and his wife Amy are from Le Sueur, Minnesota. They have two sons, Isaac and Eliot, who keep them busy with their sports and music practices. Dr. Madson enjoys spending time with his family, hiking, biking, and traveling, and remains active in their church congregation. He can often be found building Lego with his sons.
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons - Diplomate
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons - Fellow
- Minnesota Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- Minnesota Dental Association
- Minneapolis District Dental Society
- American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery - Fellow
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minneapolis
- North Memorial Medical Center
- Ridgeview Medical Center
Joined OMS Specialists in 2021